In this post I’d like to share with you my review of Bio-Oil
10 Facts about Bio-Oil:
Bio-Oil is a specialist skincare oil that helps improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks and uneven skin tone.
- Originated and manufactured in South Africa, this problem-solution specialist skincare oil was launched in 1987 and has grown to become the global leader in this segment over the last 26 years. Globally, Bio-Oil has won more than 135 skincare awards, as well as becoming the No.1 selling scar and stretch mark product in 17 countries.
- Bio-Oil is the product most recommended by doctors for scars and stretch marks in New Zealand and South Africa. It is also the product most recommended by pharmacists for scars and stretch marks in the UK, Australia and South Africa. Many doctors and pharmacists around the world recommend Bio-Oil as their first choice for scars and stretch marks.
- Bio-Oil is also a great all-over scar healer, as well as helps even out your skin tone. If you are pregnant, or have recently had a baby, Bio-Oil is the product to prevent the formation and/or helps to improve the appearance of existing stretch marks.
- It is also suitable for use on the face and body. The product is suitable for sensitive skin, is hypo-allergenic and non-acnegenic (does not cause acne).
- Bio-Oil has a unique breakthrough ingredient PurCellin OilTM. PurCellin OilTM ensures that the active ingredients are rapidly absorbed into the skin, without leaving an oily residue.
- Bio-Oil is a formulation of vitamins A & E, natural plant oils – Lavender, Calendula, Rosemary and Chamomile.
- Bio-Oil is highly effective for numerous other skin concerns including ageing and dehydrated skin. Clinical trials and skin tests studies were conducted to provide important information on how well the product works.
- The best way to use Bio-Oil: Massage into the skin twice daily for a minimum of 3 months.
Bio-Oil was launched in Singapore in September 2011. Based on Nielsen’s data, Bio-Oil is the No. 1 selling scar and stretch mark product in Singapore.
The specialist skincare product is available in 2 sizes, 60ml (SGD $15.50) and 125ml (SGD $25.90) in all leading pharmacies, personal care stores, selected hospitals and departmental stores
Information above extracted from the press release.
What’s PurCellin Oil?
A German cosmetic scientist called Dieter Beier, discovered PurCellin Oil after studying the preen gland oil of ducks. A manufactured version of the oil was made, this reduced the thickness of the oil, making it easily absorbed into the skin. info. here.
1. PurCellin Oil™ provides the optimum storage environment for vitamins and natural herbal ingredients, ensuring they maintain their maximum efficacy prior to application.
2. PurCellin Oil™ creates a thin, non-greasy, protective layer over the skin which helps prevent skin dryness and guards against moisture loss, whilst still allowing the skin to breathe and maintain its normal physiology.
3. PurCellin Oil™ reduces the viscosity of Bio-Oil making it light and non-greasy. This ensures that the vitamins and natural herbal ingredients are fully absorbed by the skin and do not simply remain on the skin surface.
In October 1993 the Institute of Experimental Dermatology in Germany undertook a study to ascertain whether PurCellin Oil™ could cause skin irritation. 31 women and 19 men were tested, of which 16 had either allergy-prone or sensitive skin. Undiluted PurCellin Oil™ was placed on each subject’s skin for a time span of 48-72 hours. None of the subjects recorded any form of skin irritation
Information extracted from here.
Here are 6 New Ways for the Bio-Oil:
I don’t have any particular scar I can test the efficacy of this Bio-Oil in reducing scars. However I have used it on a few occasions to test the product, on my hands and arms as it’s touted to be hydrating. I don’t dare venture to use it on my face as it has mineral oil, which is often linked to clogging pores. Although the product says that it does not clog pores and after using in on my hands, I am still not comfortable with the idea of using it on my face. >.<
It has a baby oil smell, much similar to Johnson & Johnson’s baby oil. It’s a scent I like, as it’s familiar and comforting. It’s no doubt greasy. I don’t know why it’s stated that there’s no oily residue. Yes it leaves no residue, but it is oily after application, so I would advise application just before bed time so you don’t feel like your hands are oily in the day. Or of course unless you don’t mind cleaning/washing your hands after use in the day.
If you’re pregnant and looking to stop the itch from stretch marks then perhaps Bio-Oil is for you. Although I can’t say it works for sure as I did not use it for scar removal and/or stretch marks relief, I would recommend you to test the small bottle out, and if you like it, to then repurchase the big one if you like it.
Let me know if you’ve used or are using this product, how you’re using it and how you find it! 😉
Thank you for reading~ ❤